Today, we’d like to announce that you now can add a Google Analytics Property Tracking ID to your event registration and ticketing website, allowing you to track visitors, page views, traffic sources, and more to turn data into insights and insights into action.
How to Setup Google Analytics for Your Online Event Registration and Ticketing Website
With Google Analytics, you can create a specific Tracking ID just for your event website or use an existing tracking ID. It only takes about 30 seconds to setup Google Analytics with Event Smart.
Using Google Analytics for Online Event Registration and Ticketing
- When you need to make some changes to your event websites, such as change prices, or email confirmations, you can look at the Real-time statistics to make sure that you won’t interfere with an attendee who is registering or buying a ticket.
- Visualizing the traffic flow or funnels people take to register or buy tickets.
- Reporting where the traffic to your event website is coming from. For example: Is it direct traffic, or traffic from an email, or from social media?
- Remarketing to customers who visit your event website, giving them special offers to purchase.
- Determining what content is most popular on your website… is it your calendar, specific event pages, information pages, lodging pages, faq pages, etc.
- Making it easier and faster to checkout so fewer people abandon the cart checkout.
- Determining what search engine keywords are working to attract traffic.
- Understanding visitor demographics such as age, gender, location, etc. to know who is interested in your events.
- Measuring how fast your site loads, or are there pages slowing it down.
These are just a few ways that event organizers can use Event Smart and Google Analytics to be more successful and offer an unforgettable experience.